At Arrowwood School we have various learning opportunities.
The Leader in Me is an innovative, school-wide model that enables educators to unleash each child's full potential.
Core components for building excellence in learning:
1. Effective and Authentic Assessment
2. Language Development and Literacy
3. Inclusive Practices through Differentiation
4. Cross-Curricular Competencies
Our school has a Breakfast for Learning Program.
This program ensures all children and youth attending school are well nourished, improving their ability to learn, giving them the best chance of success in life. When a child is hungry, it’s hard to learn. With Breakfast for Learning, we can continue to work to ensure children have the nutrition they need to grow and thrive with a world of opportunity in front of them.
Grades 1-9 learn Alberta Education curriculum outcomes in:
- Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Health & Wellness, and Physical Education
- Grade 7-9 have a specialist band and art teacher
- Grade 5-6 have a specialist music and art teacher
- Grade 1-4 have music and art with a classroom teacher
In addition to the core components of the curriculum, students in grades 5-9 also choose from various options which run every 2 weeks:
- computer coding