Grades 1-9 with a private Pre-School and Kindergarten on site
Mrs. Shelley Davis Forman
Administrative Assistant Mrs. Nikki Holloway
Arrowwood schools humble beginnings began in 1915 with a small school located just outside of the village. In 1920, the Arrowwood Consolidated School (the first one in Alberta) was built on the present property. There have been additions throughout the years, and in 1965, the current building was built. In 2012 the school experienced a fire that destroyed a majority of the building, which has since been beautifully renovated.
This year we are excited to share with you a new school mission and vision to support our Leader in Me 7 Habits of Effective Leaders program.
As a Leader in Me school, our mission is “Inspiring Leaders” through empowering learning, creativity and community connections.
At Arrowwood Community School our vision is to:
• develop habits of effective leaders
• practice lifelong learning
• connect with community
• embrace diversity and individuality
We have gone with an online ordering system this year. Please go to www.schoolstart.ca and follow the simple instructions. Be sure to place your order by August 1st. Or alternatively, you can just use the forms while shopping on your own.
Learning is a Journey
Please click here to read Arrowwood School Goals.
2018-2019 School Fees
Resident Student Fees First Nations Student Fees
Gr.1-6: Gr. 1-6:
$10.00 Agenda Fee $10.00 Agenda fee
$35.00 Tech Fee $10.00 Total
Jr. High: Jr. High:
$10.00 Agenda Fee $10.00 Agenda Fee
$40.00 Musical Instrument Fee $40.00 Musical Instrument Fee
$35.00 Tech Fee $50.00 Total
Other Fee Information:
Yearbook (June Delivery) - $20.00 Color Yearbook
1. Funds collected are used at this school and form an important part of our revenue. Prompt payment greatly assists school operation. Cheques should be made payable to Arrowwood Community School.
2. Tech Fee - this fee supports student technology needs and access to computers.
3. Agenda Fee - this fee covers the cost of an agenda for the students which is used as a tool for communication between parents and teachers.
4. Musical Instrument Fee - this fee covers the cost of instrument rental and incidentals that are used for upkeep and maintenance of instruments as well as supplies required for instruments (i.e. reeds, music sheets etc.)
5. Payment Plan – Parents choosing to pay with a payment plan, monthly, quarterly or by semester, should contact Mrs. Holloway at 403-534-3825 to make arrangements.
6. Specific fees will be prorated depending on arrival or departure month for students.
If the school's fees represent a financial hardship, please discuss this with our principal, Mrs. Shelley Davis Forman, as fees can be waived or refunded in these circumstances.