We are inspiring leaders...
Arrowwood Community School has been a Leader in Me School, since 2012. The Leader in Me is an innovative, school-wide model that enables educators to unleash each child's full potential through teaching, learning and using the 7 Habits of Happy Kids, or also referred to as the 7 Habits of Effective Leaders. Here are the 7 Habits:
1. Be Pro-Active (stay positive and open-minded, think ahead, and plan ahead)
2. Begin with the End in Mind (set out your goal and work backwards to set out tasks to achieve)
3. Put First Things First (prioritize, and do what is important first)
4. Think Win Win (in a conflict seek out a solution for all to win)
5. Seek First to Understand then to Be Understood (listen carefully to others, and imagine their perspectives too)
6. Synergize (working together in collaboration creates synergy)
7. Sharpen The Saw (balance, rest, re-energize)
There is also an 8th Habit... Find Your Voice and Inspire Others
Click here to find out more information... Leader in Me
Our Leadership Opportunities
At Arrowwood School our mission is to INSPIRE LEADERS.
We believe every student, staff member and parent is a leader.
We believe in and strive to unlock the leadership potential within every student. Leadership is not merely a specific role or responsibility. It comes in various forms. Students can be leaders in their talents, learning, friendships, extra-curricular activities and family lives.
We have a Staff and Student Lighthouse Team, and Lighthouse Team Committees to help spread out the leadership jobs across the school. Every staff member has a lead role for 1-2 committees and students can participate in any 1-3 committees that they'd like.
- Assembly Leaders Global Action Leaders
- Eco Leaders School Event Leaders
- Tech Leaders Mentor Leaders
- School Spirit Leaders Decor Leaders
- Communication Leaders Learning Commons Leaders
Leader in Me
Arrowwood Students Take the Lead!
Posted on April 8th, 2017
Leadership Day an opportunity to demonstrate Leader in Me efforts
ARROWWOOD — Students at Arrowwood Community School will stretch their leadership muscle at Leadership Day, from 1 to 3 p.m., April 12.
The public and teachers interested in The Leader in Me program are invited to visit the school for student presentations on aspects of leadership, student-led school tours and classroom activities at which students will demonstrate their learning.
The Leader in Me is a school program based on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, developed by Stephen R. Covey. Arrowwood Community School is in its fourth year of developing a Leader in Me program and is working toward achieving what the program calls “Lighthouse Status.” Holding a Leadership Day is one of the requirements.
It’s also a great opportunity for students to show how intertwined leadership is in everything about the school, says Principal Rachelle Prud’Homme.
For the rest of the article visit: Palliser Regional Schools News Article